Public health is the mandate of Alberta Health Services and the Province of Alberta. Because of the high volume of calls for people wondering if they have contracted COVID-19, Alberta Health Services has created the Self-Assessment Tool.
The following took comes from Alberta Health Services. It was reposted to this site and last updated April 1, 2020
Use this self-assessment tool to help determine whether you need to be tested for COVID-19. You can complete this assessment for yourself or on behalf of someone else, if they are not able.
If you are a healthcare worker and you think you may have or may have been exposed to COVID-19, please use our Healthcare Worker Self-Assessment Tool.
All travellers returning to Alberta from outside Canada in the last 14 days:
- ALL travellers who returned to Alberta from outside Canada in the last 14 days MUST self-isolate immediately for 14 days after the date of return and monitor for symptoms.
If you have symptoms including fever, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, sore throat or runny nose:
- You MUST self-isolate for 10 days after the onset of symptoms and until your symptoms have resolved (whichever is longer).
- If your symptoms worsen, call 811 or take this self-assessment again. We are experiencing heavy call volumes and will get to your call as quickly as we can.
- Please do not visit a hospital, physician’s office, lab or healthcare facility without consulting Health Link (811) first.
- Call 911 if you are seriously ill and need immediate medical attention. Inform them of your symptoms.
If you have been in close contact with a known case in the last 14 days:
For people with NO travel history and if you have NO symptoms:
To protect yourself and others while out in public, wash your hands frequently and practice social distancing by maintaining 6 feet (2 arms lengths) between yourself and others.
If you have questions about COVID-19 or novel coronavirus, please visit the following resources:
- Alberta.ca/COVID19 – Learn about COVID-19 and actions being taken to protect the health of Albertans
- AHS COVID-19 Response – Information for Albertans and Health Professionals
- Frequently Asked Questions
Do the right thing to stop the spread: Protect your loved ones by practicing social distancing. We all have a role to play!