Children’s Program Volunteer
The Mosaic Family Resource Centre offers multicultural support for Calgary's families by providing a holistic model of services. There are many different programs and services addressing educational, social, emotional, and health related needs of newcomers and their children.
Children’s Program volunteers assist staff with children/ parents and help with program preparations, snacks, story-time, cleanup of the play area etc.
- Sign ISC’s Volunteer Responsibility and Confidentiality Agreement
- Complete Calgary Police Information Check, the Intervention Record Check and a Reference Check
- Attend our mandatory Orientation Training.
- Follow and adhere to specific guidelines explained in the training manual
- Respect ISC’s confidentiality policy
- Complete volunteer duties in a professional and responsible manner
- Give the Volunteer Coordinator and Mosaic Centre staff at least one week's notice if unable to make a scheduled volunteer shift.
- Other duties may include talking with parents about family issues, assisting with workshops and other administrative duties.
- Fluency in English
If not a native speaker, proof of English language proficiency is required (CLB 7, TOEFL 60-78, or IELTS 6)
- Second language an asset
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Patient and culturally sensitive
- Able to work in a team environment
- Level 1 Daycare, Education or Child Care background an asset
- Increased experience working with a family based program
- Increased personal satisfaction from providing volunteer assistance to a community organization
If interested, please click here to apply for the volunteer role.