Brand Coordinator – Events, Retail Services and Mission (90-BC)
Website Goodwill Industries of Alberta
Job Type: Temporary Contract: 12 months (maternity leave); Full-Time (37.5 hours per week)
Salary: $55,000 – $57,000 annually
Shifts: Weekdays (may require some weekends or evenings work)
Location: Calgary Impact Center
Posting ID: 90-BC
Great Work. Great People. Great Place. GREAT Purpose.
Are you looking for a career that makes a real difference in the lives of Albertans? Do you want to be part of a growing organization with opportunities for development? Do you want to look forward to coming to work every day? Do you want to work with others to make a difference with dignity and joy? Then Goodwill Industries of Alberta is the place for you!
Goodwill is dedicated to providing people with disabilities the opportunity to find meaningful employment. This is made possible as a direct result of the generosity of Albertans in our community who choose to donate to Goodwill, where these items are resold through our successful retail stores. Our dedicated, ambitious and hard-working team members are the key to our success. By showing that we care, working as a team, continuously improving, and being accountable, our organization is driven towards GREATness, all the while, inspiring Albertans to make a difference.
Are you our next Brand Coordinator? Reporting to the Manager of Brand Integrity & Marketing, we are looking for an enthusiastic, team-player who will be responsible for leading, coordinating and implementing a wide variety of in-store, and organization-wide marketing initiatives and projects. The Brand Coordinator will have a strong focus on public relations, media relations and event planning/hosting. Our Brand Coordinator will work in collaboration with the Manager of Brand Integrity & Marketing to provide innovative ways to attract customers and donors.
What you’ll be doing:
In collaboration with the Manager of Brand Integrity & Marketing, your key responsibilities will include:
- Networking and building brand awareness in the Alberta community.
- Creating media and grass roots connections within the local thrift community.
- Providing tours for the general public, including speaking publicly in front of an engaged audience.
- Providing advice and recommendations for the development of the annual marketing strategy, to achieve the goal of increasing sales to help support Goodwill’s mission.
- Assisting in the development of the annual marketing strategy and provide recommendations to achieve the goal of dominating the donor market.
- Evaluating brand awareness in our retail locations and ensuring all items meet brand standards.
- Developing, coordinating, implementing and evaluating all organizational events, ensuring they operate efficiently, and generate maximum revenue and exposure.
- Conducting research, making site visits, finding resources, and negotiating for space contract to make decisions about event possibilities.
- Maintaining and creating content for all corporate social media platforms.
- Leading and contributing to various marketing projects and initiatives as required.
- Working with Retail Operations Management Team, Career Connections, Support Services and DEAM to develop relationships that support the achievement of Goodwill’s goals.
What you bring to the table:
- Degree/Diploma specializing in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or Media.
- 3-5 years of previous work experience in marketing, media relations and event planning.
- Knowledge of marketing best practices.
- Prior work in retail or social services industries will be considered an asset.
- Intermediate to advanced skills using Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Intermedia to advanced skills using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Proficiency and excellent understanding with word processing, social media/digital tools and audio/visual equipment, editing software as required.
- Strong writing and editing skills, and demonstrated experience managing the production and distribution of a variety of communications materials.
- Ability to interact with the public and positively/effectively represent the organization and its mission within the community.
- Excellent time and project management skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must pass a criminal record and vulnerable sector check
- Must have a valid Class 5 Driver’s license.
- You deliver professional and excellent customer service to all Goodwill stakeholders and team members.
- You demonstrate teamwork and engage fellow Team Members in contributing to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose.
- You demonstrate an open and honest attitude while making moral decisions.
- You recognize the great efforts of fellow Team Members through genuine recognition activities.
- You contribute to a welcoming & accepting work environment by showing respect at all times.
- You hold yourself and fellow Team Members accountable in their roles and for their contributions to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose.
- You continuously look to improve yourself and the organization in any aspect including but not limited to processes, communications, tasks and customer experience.
- You prioritize safety in all tasks, ensuring safety of self as well as fellow Team Members.
The Application Process:
For more information on Goodwill Industries of Alberta and what we offer, please visit our website at www.goodwill.ab.ca.
Candidates interested in this opportunity should apply here. Applications will be reviewed once the video pre-screen has been submitted. If there are any questions or you require accommodations, please contact email@example.com . We thank all applicants for their interest in being a part of our GREAT purpose. Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a Criminal Record Check.
Goodwill Industries of Alberta is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination of any kind.