Website Universal Rehabilitation Service Agency (URSA)
Looking to grow your career? We may have an opportunity for you!
Since 1985, Universal Rehabilitation Service Agency, URSA, has been a Calgary based non-profit agency that works to meet the needs of individuals with disabilities in community settings. We continue to break down a multitude of barriers for these individuals and help them thrive in the community.
Given its continued growth, URSA is looking to add Community Rehabilitation Workers – Developmental Disabilities.
This position is vital to the individuals and their needs. This position will encompass the Wholistic approach to enhancing the lives of our individuals through daily activities and community inclusion.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assist with individual personal care in all or some of the following areas: bathing, toileting (i.e.: changing depends, catheter care – mitrofanoff catheters, suppositories, cecostomy, etc.), changing, grooming, feeding (i.e. G-tubes, specialized feeding) and dressing
- Administer medications in accordance with Agency standards
- Administer minor health care to individuals according to established agency procedures and access emergency services when necessary
- Complete daily water temperature checks as per URSA policy
- Will assume the role of key worker for individuals
- Responsible for completing and/or contributing to the design of Wholistic programs and activities that address communication, socialization, leisure, recreation and vocational areas according to specific individual needs
- Responsible for participating and coordinating activities for the individuals in the community
- Assists in meeting the transportation needs of the individuals for community activities (i.e.: transit training/Access Calgary bookings)
- May perform mealtime tasks in the daily care of individuals
- May be responsible for writing individual service plans and goals
- Responsible for light housework and yard upkeep
- Orientates new agency staff to the Wholistic programs
What you’ll bring:
- A certificate, diploma, or degree in rehabilitation or related human services field
- At least one year of experience working with persons with disabilities
- Maintains and utilizes current Standard First Aid and CPR level C
- Be willing to be an approved URSA designated driver; must have 3 years clear drivers abstract in Canada, and a Business Insurance Rider
- Uses proper lifting and moving techniques and available equipment
- Ability to problem solve and critically think
- Flexible availability
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Team oriented
- Clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check
- Clear Child Intervention Record Check
- All staff will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon hire
Why work for URSA?
- A positive work environment where people can see the impact of the individuals we serve.
- A competitive total compensation package.
- The opportunity to professionally develop your skills and mentor others.
- Working in an organization that focuses on innovative programs and services.
URSA is an equal opportunity employer, we encourage you to apply through Indeed with your cover letter and resume. Only candidates selected will be contacted.
Wage will be dependent on educational background and experience
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.21 per hour
Remote interview process
Personal protective equipment provided or required
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place