Donation Attendant – Trans Canada (53-DA)
Website Goodwill Industries of Alberta
Date Posted: May 5, 2023 Wage: $15.88/hour (may be eligible for wage increase upon successful completion of the onboarding period)
Job Type: Part-time position 15 – 24.5 hours per week
Schedule: Weekends, Evenings Posting ID: 53-DA
Great Work. Great People. Great Place. GREAT Purpose.
Are you looking for a career that makes a real difference in the lives of Albertans? Do you want to be part of a growing organization with opportunities for development? Do you want to look forward to coming to work every day? Do you want to work with others to make a difference with dignity and joy? Then Goodwill Industries of Alberta is the place for you!
Goodwill is dedicated to providing people with disabilities the opportunity to find meaningful employment. This is made possible as a direct result of the generosity of Albertans in our community who choose to donate to Goodwill, where these items are resold through our successful retail stores. Our dedicated, ambitious and hard-working team members are the key to our success. By showing that we care, working as a team, continuously improving, and being accountable, our organization is driven towards GREATness, all the while, inspiring Albertans to make a difference.
The Job: Are you our next Donation Attendant? Reporting to the Store Manager, we are looking for an enthusiastic, customer-service focused individual to greet and assist donors while creating a welcoming environment.
What you’ll be doing:
• Welcoming donors to Goodwill and assisting them with donations
• Sorting donations into designated bins once the donor has left
• Assisting with the loading and unloading of Goodwill transportation trucks
• Maintaining a clean and inviting Donation area for all customers and team members
What you bring to the table:
• A High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
• Minimum age of 16 or older
• Must be eligible to work in Canada.
• The ability to work well in a team-oriented environment
• The ability to work a flexible work schedule, including evenings and weekends
• The ability to perform physical work on a continual basis
• You deliver amazing customer service by going above and beyond for all Goodwill customers.
• You demonstrate teamwork and engage fellow Team Members in contributing to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose.
• You have an open and honest attitude while making moral decisions.
• You recognize the great efforts of fellow Team Members through genuine recognition activities.
• You contribute to a welcoming & accepting work environment by showing respect at all times.
• You hold yourself and fellow Team Members accountable in their roles and for their contributions to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose.
• You continuously look to improve yourself and the organization in any aspect including but not limited to processes, communications, tasks and customer experience.
• You prioritize safety in all tasks, ensuring safety of self as well as fellow Team Members.
The Application Process: For more information on Goodwill Industries of Alberta and what we offer, please visit our website at www.goodwill.ab.ca.
Candidates interested in this opportunity should apply here. Applications will be reviewed once the video pre-screen has been submitted. If there are any questions or you require accommodations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
We thank all applicants for their interest in being a part of our GREAT purpose. Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a Criminal Record Check.
Goodwill Industries of Alberta is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination of any kind.