Website Precision Drilling
Company: PD Canada LP
Location: Nisku, AB
Precision Drilling has an opening for a Journeyman Rig Electrician, eager for fresh challenges and development toward potential future career growth as our business continues to innovate and grow.
Working for Precision Drilling means being immersed in a supportive culture that recognizes you as a strategic player in Precision Drilling’s future. We are a large company with a family feel, where you will collaborate with leadership and your colleagues across the organization.
Combined with a competitive remuneration package, you will enjoy the advantages of:
- Medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, pension match, long-term disability coverage
- An inclusive work environment where you can expect to enjoy a work-life balance that promotes personal health, well-being, and family life
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests
The Rig Electrician is responsible for maintaining the proper operation of all electrical systems on the drilling rig. This position is shop-based but will involve regular travel to field locations.
- Working with rig crews to ensure proper training and that electronic safety systems are not bypassed
- Working closely with contract electrical, ensuring company needs are being met
- Guiding and instructing non-electrical personnel
- Maintaining, sorting, and organizing electrical parts
- Participating in Precision’s safety programs
- Participating in on-call and overtime as required
- Various other duties as required
Knowledge & Skills
Energy or oilfield services industry experience is highly desired
Silicon controlled rectifier (SCR) experience is an asset
Programmable logic controllers (PLC) and computer networking experience an asset
Experience with alternating current (AC) drive systems is an asset
Canrig Top Drive Experience is required
Lighting, Generator Controls and Motor Controls experience
Knowledge of local electrical codes and standards pertaining to non-hazardous and hazardous areas
Capable of planning and proposing maintenance required and routine repairs budget
Must have a valid vehicle operations license (abstract required)
Exemplary safety record and commitment to safe work practice
Good communication skills, both written and verbal
Licensed electrician with interprovincial seal
Previous experience in Oil and Gas is considered an asset
To apply, please click here.