Website Precision Drilling
If you are an experienced Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic looking to enjoy work-life balance, then please read on…
Precision Drilling now has an opening at our Nisku location for a Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic, eager for fresh challenges and development toward potential future career growth as our business continues to innovate and grow.
You will enjoy the advantages of a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Prescription drug
- Life insurance
- Pension Matching and
- Long-term Disability Coverage
The Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic is required to inspect, analyze, test, replace, measure, repair, adjust and perform full or partial repairs and maintenance to Precision’s various rig components, equipment, engines, machines, etc. from Precision’s specialized rigs including Triple Electric and Super Single Rigs.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of various components and equipment;
- Ensure that all tools and test equipment are fully serviceable prior to start of repair work and are fully accounted for after each repair;
- Monitor equipment calibration and the usage of standardized petroleum products across the rig fleet
- Perform tests and repair in strict compliance with the manufacturer’s service manual and bulletins (such as for Engines);
- Investigate equipment and component failures to determine if there are procedural contributions to those failures
- Inspect parts like hoses, belts, pulleys, fuel system, exhaust system, and other possible troublesome items for wear for preventative maintenance;
- Track inspections and equipment operating hours in anticipation of planned maintenance activities;
- List parts to be replaced referring to manufacturer’s manuals and diagrams;
- Present job hours/cost estimates and parts replacement to foreman/shop manager for approval;
- Document inspections, test results, repair work done and parts replaced for proper billing and record upkeep;
- Keep work area and shop neat and clean, and free from any work obstructions or tripping hazards;
- Assist foreman/shop manager with performance reviews, recruitment, workforce planning, and maintenance planning of Apprentice and Junior Mechanics as required.
Knowledge & Skills
Excellent diagnosing and troubleshooting knowledge of diesel engines using electronic diagnostic equipment/software;
Excellent diagnosing and troubleshooting knowledge of related mechanical and electrical systems components – turbo, injection, EGR, pumps, alternator, starter, drive train, etc.;
Effective analytical skills and the ability to identify the problem quickly;
High comprehension skills to understand automotive diagrams and reference manuals;
Excellent verbal, reading and writing communication skills;
Must understand and always be conscious of safety practices in any procedure;
Ability to learn new technology and repair and service procedures and specifications;
Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills;
Extremely high attention to detail, and ability to work calmly and patiently towards a solution.
Must be a certified and approved Journeyman or equivalent in the province of Alberta, either in Heavy Duty Mechanics, Auto Mechanics, Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanics;
Must have certifications to work with Can Rig Top Drives, Crowns, and Blocks.
Must have 5-7 years of work experience managing repairs and overhauls of mechanical components within the drilling industry
To apply, please click here.