Machine Shop Supervisor
Website Precision Drilling
Due to the high volume in applications we will only be reaching out to successful applicants living within the Greater Calgary Metropolitan Area.
Our manufacturing facility (Rostel Industries) currently has an opening at our southeast Calgary location. If you are a Machine Shop Supervisor who likes to roll your sleeves up and contribute in a manufacturing office environment then please read on…
Combined with a competitive remuneration package, you will enjoy the advantages of:
A comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, Pension match, and long-term disability coverage.
- An inclusive work environment where you can expect to enjoy a work-life balance that promotes personal health, well-being, and family life!
We are seeking a highly motivated individual ideally from the high precision and CNC machining industry to supervise and support the daily production machine shop activities. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate ability to plan and implement machining tasks on a variety of product/equipment. A strong background in machining techniques would be an advantage along with supervisory experience.
- Supervise the production team and assist in the design and commissioning of fixtures and tooling necessary for machining new components;
- Training and development of operators to ensure proper execution of the defined processes;
- Assist with the management and planning of production/workload in accordance with business priorities;
- Continuous improvement of manufacturing processes to achieve cost, quality and delivery objectives;
- A good knowledge of appropriate cutting data for machining a variety of materials including stainless steel, carbon steel, high alloy steel, aluminum and brass; and,
- Ensuring compliance to HSE goals and objectives.
Knowledge & Skills
Strong knowledge of the equipment within a machine shop, experience of manufacturing precision parts to tight tolerances on CNC machines, lathes and mills;
The ability to program both driven Y, C axis lathes and more essentially horizontal and vertical milling machine centers is an asset;
A good knowledge of CNC programming techniques, production fixturing and production tooling design;
Ideally have experience of both turning and milling on manual/CNC machines;
Excellent communication skills and a proactive team player;
Strong supervisory, people management, motivational and training skills;
Ability to provide solutions to decrease cycle times and overcome day to day machining issues;
Flexibility and ability to adapt to change;
Ability to understand interpret engineering drawings;
Able to use a wide variety of measuring equipment;
Maintain a safe working environment ensuring all company procedures are followed;
Commitment, dedication and willingness to succeed and progress is a must; and,
English language proficiency both verbally and in written form required.
Registered Journeyman Machinist.
Minimum 2 years in a supervisory or lead hand role;
CNC Lathe and/or Mill experience is required;
Familiarity with Gibbs Cam software a desirable asset; and,
Experience with oilfield, automotive or aviation manufacturing in a service/jobber shop environment is an asset.
If you are interested in this position, please apply here.