Website CPA Alberta
CPA Alberta is the professional regulatory organization representing Alberta’s approximately 30,000 Chartered Professional Accountants (CPAs). Alberta’s CPA’s are among the more than 200,000 Canadian CPAs who provide financial and management expertise across the country and around the world, at every level and in every sector. CPA Alberta’s legislated mandate is to protect the interest of the public, protect the integrity of the profession, promote and increase the competence of Alberta CPAs, and regulate the conduct of Alberta CPAs.
CPA Alberta has offices in Edmonton and Calgary and provides hybrid Telecommuting opportunities.
Further information can be found on our website: www.cpaalberta.ca/About-Us/Careers-at-CPA-Alberta.
Reporting to the Director, Member Products and Services, the Manager, Professional Development oversees the planning and delivery of conferences and specialized professional development. Working in concert with other department leaders, the manager ensures programs offered are progressive, relevant, timely, and coordinated with CPA Alberta’s full line of products and services. Stakeholder and contract relationship building is integral to this role, to ensure CPA Alberta is a preferred professional development provider for CPA members and non-members.
- Responsible for the overall leadership, planning, development, implementation, monitoring, and review of a suite of specialized professional development programs and projects, including conferences, executive programs and customized training.
- Support the innovation and continuous improvement of products and services to ensure members are offered timely and meaningful education that enhances their competencies and professional growth as a CPA.
- Lead the ongoing improvement, application, and evaluation of education policies and procedures in order to meet organizational goals and objectives.
- Assist in creating engaging marketing materials to promote professional development products and services and enhance the reputation of CPA Alberta offerings.
- Build relationships internally with other departments and externally with employers and CPA members to promote member products and services and ensure they meet member needs.
- Support the development and implementation of a digital strategy to improve member products and services delivery.
- Manage the department’s budget, including assisting in developing the annual budget. Participate in the monthly financial reporting tasks and monthly variance analysis discussions with Finance.
- Responsible for leading, hiring, training, coaching, and managing the performance of staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in education, business, administration, training, instructional design or a related field is required. A CPA Designation is an asset.
- A minimum of 2 to 5 years of management experience.
- A minimum of 2 to 5 years of experience in adult continuing education, online learning, sales and marketing, and/or member services in designing, implementing, administering and delivering products and services is desired.
- A demonstrated ability to inspire and energize multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience developing and maintaining multiple stakeholder relationships.
- Strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills, with the ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to apply innovative forward-thinking to look for continuous improvements.
- Value and Ethics
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Organizational Awareness
- Results Management
- Risk Management
- Team Leadership
- Strategic Thinking
- Fast paced work environment.
- Some travel may be required.
Location: Edmonton or Calgary Office
CPA Alberta thanks all applicants for their interest and advises that we will contact only those selected for an interview.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
In its commitment to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce, CPA Alberta welcomes applications from all qualified persons. We encourage members of equity groups (women, Black, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ+); and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of the organization to apply.
Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
The successful candidate will be required to confirm vaccinations in relation to COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to human rights exemptions.
Qualified interested candidates may apply online by clicking here.