Requisition ID: 168584
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: IT Data & Integration
Travel Requirements: 0 – 10%
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Ontario; Alberta; British Columbia; Nova Scotia; Québec
City: Mississauga, Montreal, Calgary, Stellarton, Vancouver, Victoria
Location: Tahoe Office, Bureau de Montréal-Nord, Calgary Office, Foord St. Office, King St. Office, Vancouver Office, Victoria Office
Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton’s Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys Inc. is investing big in technology – Join us and invest in your future!
We are on a journey to completely transform how we do business, and we offer a hybrid work model with the opportunity for additional flexibility.
Join us and you’ll be working with:
- Leading tools and systems from the data analytics portfolio.
- A data-driven culture
- Strong, collaborative team of energetic and experienced digital experts.
We are currently looking for a Senior Data Developer who will provide specialized consulting, analytical and technical support. As the incumbent, you must be proficient in translating data insights into functional / operational requirements and translating business issues into analytical modeling and data insights.
What you’ll get to do in this fast-paced role:
- Focus on data and reporting requirements and provide support for new and existing data analytics solutions.
- Accountable for the development, execution, and on-going evolution of ELM Fraud Solution.
- Ensure the implementation of fraud modeling, detection, and prevention rules.
- Apply statistical, data mining and pattern analysis techniques to determine relationships between transactions, customer data and known/predicted fraudulent behaviours base on business requirements.
- Integrate information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and streamlined reporting.
- Transform complex data sets into meaningful conclusions and recommendations based on business requirements.
- Identify and understand new and emerging patterns of loyalty fraud, both external and internal based on business input.
- Develop technical rules/ scenarios to maximize the effectiveness of fraud detection and prevention programs as defined by the business.
- Develop and maintain Tableau dashboards, reporting tools and structures to track key metrics as defined by business.
What your resume will show and demonstrate to us:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, statistics or a related discipline
- 5+ years’ experience with data analytics and data analysis
- Experience as a data/big data/data science developer is preferred
- Working and execution knowledge of Tableau to develop, enhance and maintain interactive dashboards (Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server)
- Strong knowledge of SQL/ coding logic and proficiency in writing SQL Queries
- Strong analytical skills & problem resolution with a solid degree of technical proficiency.
- Experience in gathering requirements for reporting / data visualization
- Experience on creating data models and rules for reporting
- Experience with Azure cloud data platform, and knowledge of Synapse preferred
- Knowledge of retail industry and loyalty programs experience preferred
- Previous experience with cyber online fraud, financial crimes, and fraud analytics preferred
- In-depth knowledge current fraud trends, techniques, behaviors preferred
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.