Requisition ID: 176122
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: HR Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Travel Requirements: 0 – 10%
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Ontario; Alberta; British Columbia; Nova Scotia; Québec
City: Mississauga, Calgary, Stellarton, Vancouver, Montreal, Victoria
Location: Tahoe Office, Bureau de Montréal-Nord, Calgary Office, Foord St. Office, King St. Office, Vancouver Office, Victoria Office
Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawtons Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Ready to Make an impact?
Sobeys Inc. is committed to advancing on a culture of inclusion where all teammates have the opportunity to participate, grow and thrive, and one that reflects the needs of the many diverse communities it serves across the country. This role is an exceptional opportunity for a champion of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion to join and grow with Sobeys’ Diversity, Equity and Inclusion team. We are looking for an experienced professional to partner with our team in support of our efforts to bring inclusive programs to life across the enterprise.
Here’s where you’ll be focusing:
• Proactively research and generate ideas to bring to life initiatives identified as key priorities within the DE&I strategy.
• Work closely with the Manager, DE&I, HR and Business Process to engage key stakeholders to understand specific functional contexts to inform content ideation, design and execution.
• Manage key stakeholder relationships for programs/tools to ensure effective deployment, success measures, and enhancements.
• Deliver programs through various formats including live facilitation and workshops, webinars, and other platforms.
• Work with Manager, DE&I HR and Business Process to develop evaluation tools to measure and monitor the effectiveness of DE&I initiatives.
• Monitor and share research into best-in-class programs, tools, training and initiatives to support DE&I priorities.
What you have to offer:
• 5 years+ experience in building inclusive programs and initiatives.
• Ability to connect programs and partnerships to organizational strategies.
• High degree of cultural intelligence as it relates to working with marginalized communities.
• Experience with program development and delivering educational and presentation materials on promoting inclusion and belonging.
• Experience in the development and delivery of processes, tools, and programs.
• Experience working with members from equity seeking groups specifically those who identify from marginalized communities.
• Highly developed communication, presentation, and human relations skills with the ability to communicate persuasively and effectively at all organizational levels.
• Experience working with variety of stakeholders at all levels in the organization.
• Ability to collect, organize, and analyse information with accuracy and attention to detail.
• Proficient Microsoft Office with advanced Excel Skills and experience in storytelling to support advancing key priorities.
• Post-secondary education in a relevant discipline, including Learning & Development or an equivalent combination of education and experience in Human Resources and/or Inclusion & Diversity field, preferably within a large, complex organization.
• Knowledge of Inclusive Design or Human Centred Design Thinking an asset
• Knowledge of French and other languages an asset
The candidate will be expected to work with peers in other provinces in the development and implementation of tools and processes across Canada, as well as provide support to Sobeys employees across Canada and will be required to communicate in English 80% of the time.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you’re the most qualified applicant for the role.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
• Growing organization
• Competitive salary
• Pension Plan
• Flexible health and dental benefits plan (eligible employees)
• Ongoing Training & Development
• Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
We offer teammates competitive total compensation packages that will vary by role and location. Some websites share our job opportunities and may provide salary estimates without our knowledge. These estimates are based on similar jobs and postings for general comparison, but these numbers are not provided by or monitored for accuracy by our organization. We look forward to discussing the specific compensation details relevant to this role with candidates who are selected to move forward in the recruitment process.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
If you are interested in this position, please apply here.