What is the Legal Advice Clinic?
Provided in partnership with Calgary Legal Guidance, our Legal Advice clinics provide newcomers with advice on legal matters from highly qualified professional volunteer lawyers. Legal clinics are free of charge and offer personal consultation services on family and immigration issues to low-income clients.
Legal clinics are available once a month, on the 4th Thursday of every month from 5:30pm to 7:30pm. Registration is required.
How to book an appointment at the Legal Clinic
- To book an appointment with the Legal Clinic, you must first meet with a Newcomer Planner to open a file.
- At the meeting with your Newcomer Planner, you will book a time slot with a volunteer lawyer for consultation.
- Free interpretation services for the legal clinic are available upon request. If this service is required, please make this request during the registration process with the Newcomer Planner.
- Once registered, you will be assigned a 30-minute time slot to consult with a professional lawyer.
- You must arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time. You will be asked to complete an evaluation form after the session. **Please note: In-person legal services are temporarily suspended during Covid-19. Over the phone consultations are available until further notice.
**Please note: In-person legal services are temporarily suspended during Covid-19. Over the phone consultations are available until further notice.
Offered in partnership with Calgary Legal Guidance