Website Goodwill Industries of Alberta
Job Type: Full-time, Salary (37.5 hours per week)
Schedule: Weekdays, Weekends, Evenings
Great Work. Great People. Great Place. GREAT Purpose.
Are you looking for a career that makes a real difference in the lives of Albertans? Do you want to be part of a growing organization with opportunities for development? Do you want to look forward to coming to work every day? Do you want to work with others to make a difference with dignity and joy? Then Goodwill Industries of Alberta is the place for you!
Goodwill is dedicated to providing people with disabilities the opportunity to find meaningful employment. This is made possible as a direct result of the generosity of Albertans in our community who choose to donate to Goodwill, where these items are resold through our successful retail stores. Our dedicated, ambitious and hard-working team members are the key to our success. Through living our value of We Care and it Shows, we work together as One Amazing Team to Get Better and Better Everyday while we Make a Positive Impact in our community.
What you’ll be doing:
- Receiving and reviewing DCs call-in orders to ensure proper distribution of staffing.
- Ensuring that the site and equipment used are in sound working order; documenting and arranging for correction of any repair or deficiency.
- Working in conjunction with Store Managers and the Impact Center (IC) team to ensure the proper flow of donated goods.
- Maintaining accurate records for all locations to ensure proper flow of information and monitoring the accuracy of donor tally/time forms.
- Following all prescribed standard operating procedures and ensuring team members follow all prescribed standard operating procedures for sorting, packing, and stacking procedures while maintaining a neat, clean, and safe work environment.
- Preparing budgets and projections for the DC sites.
- Travelling frequently to all DC sites in the region as required to manage operations.
- Ensuring that Donation Centre (DC) personnel meet high standards of customer service, personal presentation, reliability, independence, and integrity so they are excellent representatives of GIA.
- Selecting, hiring, training, and managing Donation Center attendants and supervisory team members as required to effectively operate the DC network. This includes completing performance management, mentoring, and coaching of the team members
- Scheduling team members accordingly to ensure proper coverage for all hours of operation of sites.
- Providing feedback on team member performance on a regular basis, and working with People & Culture, when necessary, to address performance or conduct issues for DC staff.
- Demonstrating commitment to the establishment of accessible, healthy and safe facilities by modeling protocol and participating in all existing programs.
- Being a role model of exemplary teamwork and engaging fellow Team Members in contributing to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose.
What you bring to the table:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must pass a criminal record check.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Must have own transportation and a valid Class 5 driver’s license and be able to provide a clean drivers’ abstract.
- Must have a good verbal and written command of the English language.
- Must have proven customer service skills and a strong work ethic.
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule (including weekend and evenings)
- Must be courteous and able to work in a culturally diverse working environment.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in business or retail management is an asset.
- 3-5 years of retail or related management experience, including staff selection, training, and performance management.
- Effective time management skills as well as strong organizational skills.
- Physically fit and able to stand and walk for long periods of time as well as lift and carry large heavy objects frequently.
- Sound decision-making skills with good business sense and demonstrated initiative.
- Strong computer skills, and experience with automated scheduling and timekeeping system an asset.
- First Aid and CPR certification an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest in being a part of our GREAT purpose!
Goodwill Industries of Alberta is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination of any kind.
If there are any questions or you require accommodations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please click here.