Assistant Store Manager – Plaza (56-ASM)
Website Goodwill Industries of Alberta
Date Posted: May 9, 2023
Application Deadline: May 23, 2023
Job Type: Full-time, Salaried
Salary: $46,500-54,000 annually
Schedule: Weekdays, Evenings and Weekends
Posting ID: 56-ASM
Great Work. Great People. Great Place. GREAT Purpose.
Are you looking for a career that makes a real difference in the lives of Albertans? Do you want to be part of a growing organization with opportunities for development? Do you want to look forward to coming to work every day? Do you want to work with others to make a difference with dignity and joy? Then Goodwill Industries of Alberta is the place for you!
Goodwill is dedicated to providing people with disabilities the opportunity to find meaningful employment. This is made possible as a direct result of the generosity of Albertans in our community who choose to donate to Goodwill, where these items are resold through our successful retail stores. Our dedicated, ambitious and hard-working team members are the key to our success. By showing that we care, working as a team, continuously improving, and being accountable, our organization is driven towards GREATness, all the while, inspiring Albertans to make a difference.
Are you our next Assistant Store Manager? Reporting to the Store Manager, we are looking for a service-driven, highly organized, team player to assist in the day-to-day operation of all aspects of the store including donation collections, material processing, sales, personnel management, health and safety initiatives, financial performance, and loss control activities. Assistant Store Managers are expected to work effectively with others by maintaining positive, team-oriented relationships and communicating effectively with others. There is particular focus on employee relations, sales, production, and the provision of exceptional customer service in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll be doing:
• Professionally interacting with customers as required.
• Managing customer concerns, complaints and compliments and developing improvement plans for review with the Retail and Processing Manager.
• Monitoring and supporting all store positions and functions.
• Assisting the Store Manager with scheduling and approval of timecards.
• Training other Goodwill team members how to perform all aspects of a particular job including paperwork and documentation required.
• Supervising staff; providing encouragement and coaching when necessary
• Ensuring performance reviews are conducted in a timely manner.
• Assistant Store Managers work in a multi-functional environment and at any time may be asked to move to, or assist, in other areas or locations to perform functions outside of their regular duties.
• Responsible for store operations in the absence of the Store Manager.
What you bring to the table:
• Minimum high school diploma or equivalent. Related post-secondary education is an asset.
• Minimum two (2) years of supervisory experience, preferably in a retail environment.
• Previous experience in staff recruitment, training and performance management is an asset.
• A class 5 Driver’s License.
• You deliver amazing customer service by going above and beyond for all Goodwill customers.
• You demonstrate teamwork and engage fellow Team Members in contributing to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose.
• You have an open and honest attitude while making moral decisions.
• You recognize the great efforts of fellow Team Members through genuine recognition activities.
• You contribute to a welcoming & accepting work environment by showing respect at all times.
• You hold yourself and fellow Team Members accountable in their roles and for their contributions to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose.
• You continuously look to improve yourself and the organization in any aspect including but not limited to processes, communications, tasks and customer experience.
• You prioritize safety in all tasks, ensuring safety of self as well as fellow Team Members.
The Application Process:
For more information on Goodwill Industries of Alberta and what we offer, please visit our website at www.goodwill.ab.ca.
Candidates interested in this opportunity should apply here. Applications will be reviewed once the video pre-screen has been submitted. If there are any questions or you require accommodations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org . We thank all applicants for their interest in being a part of our GREAT purpose.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a Criminal Record Check.
Goodwill Industries of Alberta is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination of any kind.