Website CPA Alberta
CPA Alberta is the professional regulatory organization representing Alberta’s approximately 30,000 Chartered Professional Accountants (CPAs). Alberta’s CPA’s are among the more than 200,000 Canadian CPAs who provide financial and management expertise across the country and around the world, at every level and in every sector. CPA Alberta’s legislated mandate is to protect the interest of the public, protect the integrity of the profession, promote and increase the competence of Alberta CPAs, and regulate the conduct of Alberta CPAs.
CPA Alberta has offices in Edmonton and Calgary and provides hybrid Telecommuting opportunities.
Further information can be found on our website: www.cpaalberta.ca/About-Us/Careers-at-CPA-Alberta.
The Business Partner, Internal Controls and Analytics is responsible for strengthening internal controls, ensuring compliance with internal policies and governing documents, documenting process and mitigating process level risks, and developing dashboard and performance metrics.
The Business Partner demonstrates excellence by enhancing and protecting organizational value through risk-based and objective assurance, advice, and insight, and supports CPA Alberta in providing value to the membership by demonstrating accountability, transparency, compliance, and fiscal responsibility.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), this role is an integral part of the operations team responsible for linking people, processes, and technology to optimize organization resources and find opportunities for improvement.
Internal Controls Program
- Ensure organizational compliance with governing documents and internal policies.
- Partner with departments to document workflow, review operations, and coordinate the preparation of detailed process narratives and maps.
- Identify, analyze, and recommend opportunities for continuous improvement, and enhanced protection measures.
- Document process level risks and work with process owners to mitigate risk to an acceptable level.
- Develop and monitor Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance.
- Collaborate with departments to develop key performance metrics and dashboards.
- Use data visualization to tell the story of performance in an interesting and engaging way.
- Utilize various data analytics techniques including descriptive, diagnostic, and prescriptive analytics to drive decision making.
Planning and Reporting
- Develop detailed internal control and audit plans and report on results including a self-assessment on the success of the plan, time invested, and opportunities for improvements.
- Develop a monthly summary of departmental analytics on key indicators.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or another related disciplinecoupled with a chartered professional accounting (CPA) designation and 3-5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated experience working facilitating and capturing process maps and workflow improvement is required.
- Solid data analytics background and experience using PowerBI.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; an effective change management champion and persuasive and passionate communicator.
- The ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Proven organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrates integrity, competence and due professional care.
- Maintains objectivity, is insightful, proactive, and future-focused, and maintains a high code of ethics, conduct and professionalism.
- A Certified Internal Auditor designation and/or experience with the COSO Internal Control Integrated Framework are considered an asset.
- Value and Ethics
- Teamwork and Adaptability
- Organizational Awareness
- Results Management
- Analytical Thinking
Some travel may be required between the Calgary and Edmonton offices.
Some overtime may be required from time to time to meet business objectives.
Location: Edmonton or Calgary Office
CPA Alberta thanks all applicants for their interest and advises that we will contact only those selected for an interview.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
In its commitment to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce, CPA Alberta welcomes applications from all qualified persons. We encourage members of equity groups (women, Black, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ+); and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of the organization to apply.
Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
The successful candidate will be required to confirm vaccinations in relation to COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to human rights exemptions.
Qualified interested candidates in Calgary may apply online by clicking here.