Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic
Website Precision Drilling
Due to the high volume in applications we will only be reaching out to successful applicants living within the Greater Calgary Metropolitan Area.
Our Calgary manufacturing facility (Rostel Industries) currently has an opening at our southeast location. If you are a Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic who likes to roll your sleeves up and contribute in a manufacturing office environment then please read on…
Combined with a competitive remuneration package, you will enjoy the advantages of:
A comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, Pension match, and long-term disability coverage.
- An inclusive work environment where you can expect to enjoy a work-life balance that promotes personal health, well-being, and family life!
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests.
The Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic is required to inspect, analyze, test, replace, measure, repair, adjust and perform full or partial repairs and maintenance to Precision’s Service Rig fleet, equipment, engines, machines.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of various components and equipment;
- Ensure that all tools and test equipment are fully serviceable prior to start of repair work and are fully accounted for after each repair;
- Monitor equipment calibration and the usage of standardized petroleum products across the rig fleet;
- Perform tests and repair in strict compliance with the manufacturer’s service manual and bulletins (such as for Engines);
- Investigate equipment and component failures to determine if there are procedural contributions to those failures;
- Inspect parts like hoses, belts, pulleys, fuel system, exhaust system, and other possible troublesome items for wear for preventative maintenance;
- Track inspections and equipment operating hours in anticipation of planned maintenance activities;
- List parts to be replaced referring to manufacturer’s manuals and diagrams;
- Present job hours/cost estimates and parts replacement to foreman/shop manager for approval;
- Document inspections, test results, repair work done and parts replaced for proper billing and record upkeep; and,
- Keep work area and shop neat and clean, and free from any work obstructions or tripping hazards.
Knowledge & Skills
Excellent diagnosing and troubleshooting knowledge of diesel engines using electronic diagnostic equipment/software;
Excellent diagnosing and troubleshooting knowledge of related mechanical and electrical systems components – turbo, injection, EGR, pumps, alternator, starter, drive train, ABS, Air and 12 volt Electrical;
Effective analytical skills and the ability to identify the problem quickly;
High comprehension skills to understand automotive diagrams and reference manuals;
Excellent verbal, reading and writing communication skills;
Must understand and always be conscious of safety practices in any procedure;
Ability to learn new technology and repair and service procedures and specifications;
Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills; and,
Extremely high attention to detail, and ability to work calmly and patiently towards a solution.
English language proficiency both verbally and in written form required
Must be a certified and approved Journeyman or equivalent in the province of Alberta, either in Heavy Duty Mechanics, Auto Mechanics, Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanics.
Must have 5-7 years of work experience managing repairs and overhauls of mechanical components.
If you are interested in this position, please apply here.