Lead Retail Team Member – Chinook
Website Goodwill Industries of Alberta
Wage: $16.93/hour – $18.54 (may be eligible for wage increase upon successful completion of the onboarding period)
Job Type: Full-time (25 – 37.5 hours per week)
Schedule: Weekdays, Weekends, Evenings
Posting ID: 54-LRA
Great Work. Great People. Great Place. GREAT Purpose.
Are you looking for a career that makes a real difference in the lives of Albertans? Do you want to be part of a growing organization with opportunities for development? Do you want to look forward to coming to work every day? Do you want to work with others to make a difference with dignity and joy? Then Goodwill Industries of Alberta is the place for you!
Goodwill is dedicated to providing people with disabilities the opportunity to find meaningful employment. This is made possible as a direct result of the generosity of Albertans in our community who choose to donate to Goodwill, where these items are resold through our successful retail stores. Our dedicated, ambitious and hard-working team members are the key to our success. By showing that we care, working as a team, continuously improving, and being accountable, our organization is driven towards GREATness, all the while, inspiring Albertans to make a difference.
Are you our next Retail Team Lead? Reporting to the Store Manager, we are looking for team-oriented, service-driven individual to work on the retail sales floor to provide exceptional customer service and leadership.
What you’ll be doing:
- Transporting items to and from the retail floor and merchandising shelves and displays.
- Assisting at cash registers and operating POS system.
- Preparing items for sale by hanging, cleaning and bagging items as needed.
- Inspecting, sorting and grading donated items.
- Identifying and processing recyclable materials as appropriate.
- Training other Goodwill associates on how to perform all aspects of a particular job including paperwork and documentation required.
- Modeling expected behavior and attitudes necessary for a particular job.
- Explaining the inter-relationships between areas within a particular job.
- Assisting the supervisor in specific areas as requested.
- Completing paperwork as required.
What you bring to the table:
- A High School Diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum age of 16 or older.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
- The ability to work well in a team-oriented environment.
- The ability to work a flexible work schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- The ability to perform physical work on a continual basis.
- Knowledge of designer labels, collectibles and antiques. (A strong asset but not a deal-breaker)
- You deliver amazing customer service by going above and beyond for all Goodwill customers.
- You demonstrate teamwork and engage fellow Team Members in contributing to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose.
- You have an open and honest attitude while making moral decisions.
- You recognize the great efforts of fellow Team Members through genuine recognition activities.
- You contribute to a welcoming & accepting work environment by showing respect at all times.
- You hold yourself and fellow Team Members accountable in their roles and for their contributions to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose.
- You continuously look to improve yourself and the organization in any aspect including but not limited to processes, communications, tasks and customer experience.
- You prioritize safety in all tasks, ensuring safety of self as well as fellow Team Members.
The Application Process:
For more information on Goodwill Industries of Alberta and what we offer, please visit our website at www.goodwill.ab.ca.
Candidates interested in this opportunity should apply here. Applications will be reviewed once the video pre-screen has been submitted. If there are any questions or you require accommodations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org . We thank all applicants for their interest in being a part of our GREAT purpose. Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a Criminal Record Check.
Goodwill Industries of Alberta is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination of any kind