Requisition ID: 176123
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: HR Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Travel Requirements: 0 – 10%
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Alberta; British Columbia; Nova Scotia; Ontario; Québec
City: Mississauga, Calgary, Vancouver, Stellarton, Montreal
Location: Foord St. Office, Bureau de Montréal-Nord, Calgary Office, Dartmouth Office, King St. Office, Tahoe Office, Vancouver Office
Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawtons Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Ready to Make an impact?
Sobeys Inc. is committed to advancing on a culture of inclusion where all teammates have the opportunity to participate, grow and thrive, and one that reflects the needs of the many diverse communities it serves across the country. This role is an exceptional opportunity for a champion of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion to join and grow with Sobeys’ Diversity, Equity and Inclusion team.
We are looking for an experienced professional to join a team focused on driving internal and external initiatives aligned to Sobeys’ commitment to advancing inclusive culture. The role will include project management of strategic DE&I initiatives with a focus on internal and external communications, events, content creation and facilitation.
Here’s where you’ll be focusing:
• Planning and execution, and project support for initiatives related to DE&I across all lines of business.
• Develops content and directs creative execution to provide consistent, targeted, and impactful messaging relating to DE&I objectives.
• Sourcing subject matter experts, speakers, and guest panels, and planning and execution of events.
• Content design and facilitation for focus groups.
• Maintaining and updating content for internal and external sites as well as drafting all reporting requirements.
• Strengthening leadership capability around Diversity, Equity and Inclusion via multiple interventions including, but not limited to workshops and training.
What you have to offer:
• An Undergraduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience
• Experience in the development and delivery of processes, tools, and programs
• Experience in Communications planning and content development
• Experience in facilitation and delivering presentations
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in events management
• Retail Industry experience an asset
• Bilingual or strong working knowledge in French language preferred
The candidate will be expected to work with peers in other provinces in the development and implementation of tools and processes across Canada, as well as provide support to Sobeys employees across Canada and will communicate in English 80% of the time.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you’re the most qualified applicant for the role.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
• Growing organization
• Competitive salary
• Pension Plan
• Flexible health and dental benefits plan (eligible employees)
• Ongoing Training & Development
• Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
We offer teammates competitive total compensation packages that will vary by role and location. Some websites share our job opportunities and may provide salary estimates without our knowledge. These estimates are based on similar jobs and postings for general comparison, but these numbers are not provided by or monitored for accuracy by our organization. We look forward to discussing the specific compensation details relevant to this role with candidates who are selected to move forward in the recruitment process.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
If you are interested in this position, please apply here.