Requisition ID: 180607
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: Supply Chain Systems & Capabilities
Travel Requirements: 0 – 10%
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Alberta; Manitoba; Nova Scotia; Ontario
City: Winnipeg, Calgary, Mississauga, Toronto, Stellarton
Location: Winnipeg Office, Calgary Office, Foord St. Office, King St. Office, Sobeys Innovation Hub, Tahoe Office
Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawtons Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team! We currently have a full-time opportunity for an Industrial Engineer to join our Integrated Supply Chain team, located in our offices on both the east and west sides.
- Partake in the construction and maintenance of Engineered Labour Standards at Sobeys National warehouses according to credited Sobeys’ National Industrial Engineering processes:
- Gather project requirements and help in the creation of project objectives and schedules
- Collect, analyze and simulate data to understand, conceptualize and validate warehouse processes and current labour standards
- Employ process analysis tools and techniques including Tableau, Excel, process mapping, benchmarking and best practices research to problem solve
- Identify productivity improvement and retraining opportunities
- Establish relationship and credibility with front line RSC management in both union and non-union environments
- Provide leadership, stewardship, administration and project management for Engineered Labour Standards (ELS) initiatives
- Provide validation and systems management and support on ELS-related change requests in the Sobeys warehouse management system (EXE)
- Support External Engineering audits & validations regarding ELS
- Provide Training support for RSC staff on preferred methods and ELS subject matter expertise
- Use both formal and informal channels to obtain information, build support and accomplish tasks
Skills and Experience Requirements
- Completed or is near completion of an Industrial Engineering degree, or other relevant Engineering degree or diploma
- Strength and experience in Excel, Data Compilation and Analysis and Process Analysis
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility working on a varied schedule in multi-temperature environment, multi-shifts with up to 70% travel
- Supply Chain experience in inventory control, warehouse operations, planning, systems or health and safety are all assets
- Experience with EXE and Tableau is an asset
We offer teammates competitive total compensation packages that will vary by role and location. Some websites share our job opportunities and may provide salary estimates without our knowledge. These estimates are based on similar jobs and postings for general comparison, but these numbers are not provided by or monitored for accuracy by our organization. We look forward to discussing the specific compensation details relevant to this role with candidates who are selected to move forward in the recruitment process.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
To apply, please click here.