Website Valiant Distribution Inc
The position performs a variety of general Distribution Center functions including receiving, inventory, shipping with customer’s compliances, loading, and high lift and forklift operations in order to safely and efficiently assist the facility in meeting daily production and customer service requirements. Coordinate and oversee the day to day management of warehouse activities. Performs other related duties, special projects or assignments as required.
Assist the Warehouse and Assistant Warehouse Managers in any way possible to make the work of the warehouse run smoothly and efficiently. Pull orders.
Related duties are to assist in the completion of various job functions. This may include keeping areas clean and clear of obstacles that may interfere with the safety of operations and personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assemble and fill orders correctly, promptly, in good condition, and with accuracy
- Receive incoming freight into the Distribution Center.
- Compare shipping documents to the purchase order to determine if they are the same with regard to quantity and product description
- Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed
- Report variances to appropriate supervision/department to determine if product will be shipped or replace with alternative items
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Report all merchandise discrepancies and product quality issues to supervision including damaged product, wrong merchandise, poorly stacked, incorrect product, equipment issues, etc.
- Ensure all quality and safety processes are followed
- Have flexibility in scheduling & availability to work the times, shifts, days, and overtime as necessary to meet the Company’s production needs
- Responsible for meeting deadlines and responds to special needs.
- Following up orders with customer’s compliances including prioritizing and distributing pick tickets to warehouse account rep. (from multiple accounts)
- Proficiency in using computer system (Order Management System)
- Report daily on activities regarding receiving, shipping, etc.
- Position is responsible for accuracy in loading and complying with shipper/receiver documentation.
- Be able to lift 40 to 50 pounds.
- Operate pallet jacks and other warehouse equipment.
- Cycle counting, weekly and month end inventory management
- Meet and maintain productivity standards.
- Responsible for performing an accurate inventory count
- Maintain warehouse organized and clean
- Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
- Completes requisition forms to order supplies for warehouse
- Operate material handling equipment to move product within the warehouse
- Check-in inbound product and tag product accordingly
- Perform various receiving functions, such as unloading trucks and putting away product in the correct overstock location
- Breaks down pallets of product, match item quantity and description to returned packing slip and note any differences
- Organize orders to be picked in an efficient manner
- Inspect all power equipment and complete the safety inspection sheet before operation
- Stack empty pallets; clean and sweep work area and remove trash regularly
- Perform all tasks to ensure a safe work environment
- Work as a team member by interacting and communicating with fellow associates in a cooperative, constructive manner
- Reports all safety hazards to department manager.
- Helps warehouse manager to control on-time shipping.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned
Qualifications & Professional Skills
- Warehouse return/ shipping managing experience preferred
- Must be detail-oriented, have strong work ethics, high level of organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and positive attitude
- at least 2 year experience in warehouse, or any equivalent combination of acceptable training, education, and experience
- Team environment but self-motivated
- Able to read, write and communicate effectively, as it relates to the job
- Ability to become certified in the operation of warehouse equipment
- Prior experience operating warehouse equipment, such as forklift, pallet jack and safety regulations.
- Ability to meet deadlines and responds to special needs
- Ability to process materials in a safe, efficient, and secure manner
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and follow direction
- Develop a good working knowledge of product, placement, and inventory control techniques and procedures.
- Well groomed, neat appearance