Due to the high volume in applications we will only be reaching out to successful applicants living within the Greater Calgary Metropolitan Area.
Rostel Industries currently has an opening at our southeast Calgary location. If you are a Welder who likes to roll your sleeves up and contribute in a manufacturing shop environment then please read on…
Rostel Industries offers a competitive remuneration package, including:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance.
- Pension matching and product discount programs.
- A casual work environment where you can expect to enjoy a work-life balance that promotes personal health, well-being, and family life!
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests.
- Competitive vacation, PTO days and afternoons off before a long weekend.
Welders at Rostel Industries are responsible for fabricating drilling rig components and equipment to specified drawings, while maintaining quality and efficiency; fitting and welding of structural components of a drilling rig; and repairing/manufacturing of drilling rigs/components.
- Fabricating drilling rig components and equipment to specified drawings, while maintaining quality and efficiency;
- Fitting and welding of structural components of a drilling rig;
- Repair/manufacture of drilling rigs/components.
Knowledge & Skills
Excellent attitude toward safety and demonstrated commitment to a safe work environment.
Strong work ethic, self-motivated and able to work independently as well as follow the direction of supervisors.
Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
Willingness to train and mentor apprentices.
Background in a service-oriented facility.
English language proficiency both verbally and in written form required
Journeyman or currently enrolled in an apprenticeship program
Experienced and competent with FCAW, SMAW, GMAW, fitting, all position welds;
Experience with structural fabricating an asset;
Experience reading structural blueprints and welding symbols;
Familiarity with industry codes (API, CWB, ASME, CSA) would be considered an asset;
B pressure ticket would be considered an asset.