What is English Testing & Referral?
Immigrant Services Calgary provides free assessment and referral services to Permanent Residents and Convention Refugees residing in Calgary and surrounding municipalities. After the test, clients are referred to a LINC (Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada) or ESL program.
LINC programs are free for those who qualify. For more information or to book an appointment for the test please contact us: 403-262-2656
Please Click Here to Register for English Test
Which tests are available?
Canadian Language Benchmark tests we provide are:
- Canadian Language Benchmarks Assessment (CLBA)
- Canadian Language Benchmarks Placement Test (CLBPT)
- Enhanced Language Training Placement Assessment (ELTPA 6-10)
- Canadian Language Benchmarks Literacy Placement Test (CLB-LPT)
- Canadian Language Benchmarks Assessment for Literacy Learners (CLBA-LL)
How long do the tests last? When do I get the results?
Language assessments can take between 1.5 and 3 hours to complete. Clients are encouraged to arrive 15 minutes early for their assessment. Results are given the same day as the assessment.
Where can I find more information about LINC or ESL?
You can download the September 2020 - March 2021 ESL Directory here for more information about programs near you.